Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Inspiring Views from an Inspiring City

 
 

 

 

Its wonderful being in San Francisco again at this time of the year...Arrived on a very Balmy 85 degrees, and then it cooled down considerably to winter-like conditions. Since I'm staying out here in the Sea Cliff area, very close to the Golden Gate bridge, I can feel the cool winds and see the fog roll in and out at different times of the day. Fortunately, I brought a nice warm Gortex jacket to with stand the cold and windy elements that I'm not used to. There's so many exciting things about this area, just a block away on Clement street there are over 40-50 different restaurants with cuisine around the world in a three block span. There a many local produce markets providing fresh fruits and vegetables from local farms - its so amazing to see this much variety and at bargain prices. I've been taking a lot of walks along the myriad of trails nearby along the coastal cliffs in Sea Cliff - a gorgeous and wilder area around the Golden Gate, left intact because of the steep terrain and difficult building topography - that was actually a saving in disguise from many centuries of developers that I'm sure would have loved to take advantage of the magnificent views of the Golden Gate and the even more spectacular coastline, Take a look at these amazing views of this coastline and forested areas.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
More to come on my visit back to the bay area, please stay tuned. This is my contribution of

scenic sundays, to see other posts go to http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

Beautiful cliff shots. Looked like a nice vacation:)

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

San Fran is a favorite spot of mine. Have done a lot of horse back riding on Half Moon Bay. I enjoyed your photos very much. :)

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Mi piace molto l'ultima foto !!!
Bellissima.

Anonymous said...

Greetings Noel, What amazing photographs you show here, giving me such a very different image of San Francisco than the one that is usually in my mind.

The variety of restaurants and fresh food markets which are available sound wonderful. I hope that you are having a relaxing and enjoyable break.

Curbstone Valley Farm said...

Great photos Noel. I think a lot of visitors don't realize how beautiful the areas are that surround the hectic downtown. I'm glad San Francisco greeted you with some lovely weather. Especially after all the fog we had all around the Bay Area earlier this summer. Hope you had a chance to stop by the Ferry Building Farmer's Market while you were in town!

debsgarden said...

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for posting these fabulous views. My youngest son just moved to to Redwood City, directly on the bay, not far from San Francisco. He lived in San Francisco for a summer while he was still a student. He told me about the gorgeous scenery. Now I believe it!

Carol said...

Very dramatic and striking photos Noel! Have a great trip! Thanks for sharing the beautiful vistas! ;>)

Andrea said...

Wow Noel, those really are stunning and inspiring views! You seem to be frequenting SF these days. BTW, you have not seen my post yet, hehe. My friends from Hawaii just had vacation here last week, in time for our Los Banos flower and garden show.

Related Posts with Thumbnails