Friday, May 7, 2010

Nature Will Bear the Closest Inspection



IMG_2833

 Nature will bear the closest inspection.  She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain.  ~Henry David Thoreau


This is my re-interpretation of Henry David Thoreau’s wonderful quote and this theme occurs regularly in my garden, especially when I take my morning walks to see what is happening.
Sometimes I get beautiful flowers to greet me during my morning walks.

IMG_2833-1


A new leaf unfurls into the world, reaching for the sky with its beautifully colored foliage.

IMG_6182




Other times I get some amazing fruit that I can harvest and even share with friends when there’s abundance, right now I have hundreds of avocados on my tree and having been sharing with all my friends here.

 IMG_6179

All of this I see everyday in my garden, when I take the time to visit and closely see these treasures unveil themselves to me.


To see other interpretations of this beautiful quote from other garden lovers, please visit here and enjoy everyone’s posts.   http://aplantfanatic.blogspot.com/2010/05/words-to-inspire-by-henry-david-thoreau.html



Come and visit other fertilizer fridays at http://www.tootsietime.com/
For other macro views visit http://flowers-macrophotography.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

mr. pineapple man said...

I wish I had an avacado tree~lucky you!

Xavi said...

Aloha Noel,
Great captures!!
Have a nice weekend.

Ami said...

Beautiful picture and the interpretation! I am always fascinated by the beauty magnified by the camera lense, which human eyes might not be able to detect.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

Thats a lovely interpretation Noel. I love the photo of your leaf unfurling and that looks like a lovely catteleya orchid in your first photo.

Gardeners are so generous - we get more pleasure giving rather than receiving.

Have a lovely weekend my friend :) Rosie

Steve Asbell said...

Very true. A microscopic image of anything manmade is pitted and chaotic, yet beautiful patterns and forms repeat indefinitely in nature.

klaraau01 said...

Love the orchid, so beautiful and special - thank you very much for sharing

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Hi Noel, Good Friday to you. Lovely Orchid, Everything is just so Beautiful!! Your flowers are always Beautiful,your photography does them justice. Good shots! Good weekend to you!

Floridagirl said...

Beautiful orchids as usual, and I love that ti leaf unfurling. Ti leaves are one my favorite things to photograph.

debsgarden said...

Gorgeous flowers! What I love about macro shots is the way they reveal details we normally would overlook. Tiny, tiny details - for whose pleasure were such things made?

sweetbay said...

I think the garden really does make us slow down and look at details -- there's beauty in the details as well as the overall view. I envy you your avacado tree and beautiful orchid.

Chandramouli S said...

Wonderful shots that speaks those words aptly!

Maia T said...

Lovely orchid flower and great macros, all of them and the perfect quote.
Thanks for sharing your lovely photos at Macro flowers Saturday.
Have a great weekend!

Daniela said...

Oh lucky you, beautiful photos :)

Self Sagacity said...

If I may add, only nature can handle such inspection! These flowers are flawless.

Carver said...

I love the quote and your garden photography is fantastic.

Kim, USA said...

Oh I wish we are neighbors hehe. I so love avocado or guacamole. Happy Sunday!

Daffodil

Anonymous said...

Lovely interpretation of the quote - the tight leaf unfurling is wonderful!

Alea Milham said...

Great close ups! Since I currently live in the desert, I feel that I often have to get real close to nature to see the beauty. Other wise it looks more like "beautiful desolation" as my husband would say.

Beth said...

Noel, Your photography is amazing! Such beauty. And of course, your plants and gardens in Paradise are so much different than my midwestern garden.
Noel, I'm pleased to say I'm your newest follower and I look forward to perusing your blog archives.
Blessings, Beth

Regina said...

How gorgeous! love the orchids.

Helen at summerhouse said...

Aloha Noel, What perfect photos of the orchid. What I really enjoyed is the color, the yellow and red, fuscia and white. You can't beat Mom Nature. She always gets her colors right.

DoanLegacy said...

Beautiful photos of the flowers! I wish we have avocado tree around here.

Tootsie said...

I love the flaunt today!!! what wonderful photography skills you have! just glorious!
I am so glad you have joined in on FF this week...thank you. I hope you will share with my meme again soon!
Spring is finally showing herself here and I get to start hardening off my flowers this week...so soon I will have something growing outside too!

Surfie said...

Wow, that first orchid shot is stunning! If I had all those avocados I'd definitely have to learn how to make my own guacamole. Mmmm... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails