Thursday, May 20, 2010

Please Help with Your Vote to Replenish our Food Bank

 

Aloha friends,

Could you help with a vote for Rose's project – its free!  Rose Acevedo is a board member of the Sierra Club. Here's what she's up to feed our local food bank in Hawaii.

Rose

Pepsi Co. Refresh Project is offering a million dollars every month for great ideas that support local communities.

My idea, FRUITBUSTERS, to help feed the hungry in East Hawaii was approved by Pepsi on May 1st.  The goal of FRUITBUSTERS is to develop a small crew who will rescue all the ripe fruit from trees whose owners can’t do their own picking.  This abundance of fruit will then be donated to food banks and meal programs in our area.


We need your support, so please log on below to vote. Everyone who registers can vote EVERY DAY until May 31. 

Thank you for your vote,

Rose Acevedo

Picking fruit, that would otherwise just fall to the ground and go uneaten, and donating to our local Foodbank  is a wonderful idea.  Please help us by voting for this project below.

http://www.refresheverything.com/fruitbusters

 

 

IMG_8987

 

 

To visit other beautiful skies please visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/

To visit other fertilizer fridays please visit http://www.tootsietime.com

14 comments:

Surfie said...

What a fantastic idea! It's also great to provide produce to the food banks because as far as I know they usually have non-perishable items only. This way the families will get a lot of vitamins and minerals they can't get from the other foods. I voted! Even if they don't get the grant, maybe this is still something that the community can do even if only on a small scale. Thanks for letting us know!

Ellada said...

Aloha,
It's a very good idea.
My hope, is that nobody in the world, have to starve.

Anonymous said...

A deep bow in respect of this idea.

Carver said...

Great idea for the food bank and a beautiful sky too.

eileeninmd said...

A wonderful idea, great photo Noel!

Joyful said...

A great idea! May you have everything you need to bring it to reality.

A Garden of Threads said...

A great idea, also love the beach shot.

Dancin Fool said...

I came, I saw, I loved your blog and I voted! Fabulous idea, good luck!

Kcalpesh said...

Great idea and fantastic captures!


Pixellicious Photos

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

What a Great idea! Count me in!

Beth said...

What beautiful fruit, and how great it would be for none of it to go to waste. To use it to feed the hungry is a wonderful idea and I support it wholeheartedly.
Beth

Autumn Belle said...

That's a very noble idea. I have voted via Facebook and Good Luck!

Maureen said...

What a great woman! I will vote.

When I go pick vegetables at a local farm it always bothers me to see how much is left on the vine and goes to waste.

Jan Johnsen said...

Way to go Rose! I just wrote a post about you on my blog, Serenity in the Garden,

www.serrenityinthegarden.blogspot.com

and I asked all my readers to vote for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails