Thursday, April 14, 2011

Finally, A Beautiful Morning and Sunrise




Its been one storm front following another front the past few weeks filled  with dreary skies. I've also been distracted with travel plans to visit Spain and Morrocco soon in May.

But, seeing blue skies again has prompted me to continue my morning walks here in Hawaiian paradise park and be a part of the magical sunrises that occur in this part of the world.



 

It was a spectacular morning today and I'm enjoying the early sunrise by myself. The scenery is just so dramatic and incredible at this time of the morning, don't you think?  Golden light reflects brightly on the dark cliffs against these huge lava rocks and the waves crash so violently even after each storm - its so exciting to see this early in the day!


For more amazing sky views go visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Diana Studer said...

Was thinking of you. Sunrise pictures are indeed magical. And your pictures get around the fact that I'd rather be asleep that early ;~)

Andrea said...

Hi Noel, if i were in your area i will always be waking up early for those sunsets. I do that now in the province even if i see the sea from the upland. Your sea mists are also golden in those photos. Have you seen my 5th Floor Window sunsets yet?

Pat said...

Noel, these are fantastic, mystical photos--they look like paintings! I've only been to Hawaii once, but I really hope to go there again some time...it's so gorgeous!

Sylvia K said...

These are absolutely breathtaking, Noel! And, yes, mystical, magic and could definitely be paintings. Superb! I know you're looking forward to your travels to Spain and Morocco! I lived in Madrid for eighteen months and it's a fabulous place! Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Lisa said...

Stunning! I love your photos - I live on windward Oahu, but love the Big Island as well :)

Fotokarusellen said...

From the other side of the world, beautiful. Great shots.
Have nice weekend.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

These photos could have come from the palette of Monet or Van Gogh!

SKY DITTY

Hey, my little pretty,
Sing a sky ditty,
Sing about the stars and the sun.

Hey, my little pretty,
Sing a night ditty,
Sing it when the day is all done.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Lonely Sentinel

Alistair said...

Dreary skies are the norm here in Scotland, not so this Spring. Love your pictures with the atmospheric quality.

Sara said...

All I can say is WOW! So golden and unspoiled.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sunrise, Noel. The quality of life in that first photo is amazing; it reminds me of one of those huge Hudson River School landscapes. -Jean

Kimberly said...

This pic looks like a postcard, Noel! Really great capture!

cocomino said...

All posts are beautiful but I love this post in particularly.
I have never been to Hawai but I want to go to Hawai due to this blog. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails