Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Moss and Zen Garden

 

 

_MG_7761

 

 

Oh how I would love to come here often and just have some time to be

 

                         quiet, breath

 

                                    and  relax

 

 

maybe just take a moment to contemplate about my life

 

                      

 

 

                     and where I’m going

 

                                      but its too easy to get

 

               distracted in this space…

 

 

 

 

 

 

- its just too beautiful here …

 

 

_MG_7750

 

          I love this tactile environment - I want to run my hands all through this beautiful

 

                       moss, then look at all the details

                                                                    up close

 

 

 

                          down

 

                               to

 

                                  every

 

                                     little micro-organism.

                          

_MG_7760

 

 

                     Its very green and lush here, a perfect environment for this moss to grow

 

along with these ohia trees with their peeling bark and crevices filled with

 

green fungus

 

              mold

 

                  and bumpy looking bacteria

        

 

                     growing                     

 

                                        on their stong limbs and stems.

 

 

_MG_7757

 

                  I look up and see the focal point atop a small mound of lava rocks and moss

 

lies a beautiful and simple buddah head

 

                                               – its sits there so peacefully and

 

                 

 

invites you in to come in and enjoy this welcoming environment.

 

                                  Aaaaaaaah – yes breath in this forest

 

                                              and enjoy the moss!

 

I wish that I could visit here more often…..

6 comments:

africanaussie said...

Just looking at the photos gives me a peaceful feeling - I can imagine what it must be in real life.

Andrea said...

Hi Noel, yes it is a very tranquil environment, i love that setting too! Can you please remind me what is the volcano at the Big Island, is it Kilauea? I remember on the way there we saw the environment looking like that, mossy forest. Maybe because it is already high in elevation.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

I wish I could visit more often, too. This was wonderful. :)

Indie said...

So beautiful and tranquil. I love moss.
Hawaii is on my list of places I would love to visit! It looks so pretty.

Jennifer@threedogsinagarden said...

Hi Noel, On the weekend we visited a nearby waterfall that was in the most beautiful ravine. Many of the rocks were moss covered. There is something so magical about moss. Its green is so intense and its surface so velvety smooth. Moss has a pure simplicity that flowers do not. Perhaps that is why it is so calming and so soothing.

Hanna at Orchid Care said...

Your pensive soliloquy and vivid photos transported me to a fabulous world of calm and tranquility. I could almost sense the coolness and the humidity and smell the earthy aromas.

Thank you, I need that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails