Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rain, Rain go Away...



No Really,  I don't mind....




 

The plants are Very happy today,


                                     can't you tell?



I finished editing some pictures of a beautiful garden,
      
     I visited the other day, it rained lightly most of the day.







                  The rain didn't matter - the garden was gorgeous and the light was beautiful that day. 



                  Sometimes rainy days are a perfect condition to  photograph landscapes when the light is filtered and even throughout the garden.


 



I made some hot rice chicken noodle soup and I might check out some foreign films or a few Classic films this afternoon or maybe a nice nap in the afternoon.

                 I love to lounge in bed all day long and work on some more beautiful photographs of this amazing garden in Hawaii (not mine unfortunately)...or maybe just read a good book, or even take another nap.


                     aaaaaaah bliss.....








12 comments:

africanaussie said...

I love that water lily flower! Overcast days really are great for photography - the color on your photos is fantastic.

Andrea said...

Noel, I love that first one, the color is fantastic. It is not raining anymore here, at least the flooded areas will be relieved.

islandgal246 said...

Pure Bliss indeed!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful photos, and the even lighting was perfect for the vibrancy of the flowers. And the raindrops did not hurt the image, only made it more interesting. I bet the plants loved the rain.

Carolyn @ Carolyn's Shade Gardens said...

All plants look great with raindrops on them, but I know what you mean. It rained here for a month and a half and I thought I would lose my mind.

Indie said...

I love going out into the garden right after a rain. It smells so lovely, and I love photographing the rain drops on the flowers. Your pictures are lovely!

One said...

Wonderful captures, Noel.

It stopped raining for 2 days and I am already missing the cool weather.

Alistair said...

Ah, your whole life sounds like one big holiday. If you are ever feeling in need of a rain fix on those long dry spells just hop on over here, take some thermal wear though. The water Lily really is picture perfect.

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Ah, I'm so glad I found your blog! I've only been to the islands once, but we loved every minute of that vacation. Oahu was lovely, and Maui stole my heart. I remember one spot on the Road to Hana that may very well be the most beautiful place I have ever seen! Aloha!

Hanna at Orchid Care said...

The photo of that purple water lily is breathtaking but then so are all your other photos with their detailed clarity and vibrant colors. I would call them “eye candy.”

And, by the way, if you ever get tired of all that rain, feel free to redirect it to Southern California because we are aching for it.

Anonymous said...

Amazing all the wonderful plants and the colours!I would love to visit Hawaii one day again

Very nice Blog you have!

Nat said...

Holy Bromeliads, what an amazing set of photos! I'm infinitely jealous of the tropical climate you live in, that must be a lot of fun. Here out on the west coast of Canada we go through great lengths to grow tropical plants.

Related Posts with Thumbnails