Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Hot, the Loud and the Proud (Coming Soon )

IMG_2817



Show us your tropicals and exotics, your hot mediterranean colors and wild combinations, amazing discoveries and unusual variations. Or how about something exciting you just saw, a crazy garden,  amazing garden art or design, an inspiring visit or hike?


This meme is open to all (you do not have to live in an exotic location to participate)  and will be on the last day of each month…so mark your calendars and lets do something fun on the hot, the loud and the proud meme. I’ll have the link available early, east coast time (USA) to catch you early birds and even earlier for those of you in other countries.

Below is an example of what I will post:



IMG_1471

Brownea coccinea subspecies capitella

A beautiful red-orange ball of flowers characterizes this small tree that or shrub that is native to northern South America, Brazil and Trinidad and Tobago. The flower clusters that appear from late winter to spring.


When the time is set for next month use Mr Linky below to type in your name/blog and URL to participate. This link will be open 2pm Eastern Standard Time.


17 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

We've been needing a theme for the end of the month. This should do nicely. I'm seeing signs of Marvelous Magentas and Pinks to come.

Jim Groble said...

Of course I'll join you. Your posts are always full of color and wonder. jim

Sue Swift said...

Won't be able to provide anything as "hot, loud and proud" as you have in Hawaii, and nothing at all exotic. Exotic and milan are a contradiction in terms. But might be able to rustle up a few strong colours for the next few months. If that counts I'll join in ...

Xavi said...

I always love your post.
Of course I'll join you.
See you soon.

Jess said...

Sure thing, I think I'll be able to rustle up something around here for that!

BernieH said...

I will definitely joining in the fun ... I'm looking forward to it.

tina said...

Very interesting. Stunning hot plant!

Kimberly said...

Noel, my friend, you know I'm in!! I can't wait to see everyone's hot, crazy, tropical posts! I love your bloom...it looks prickly, but isn't apparently! Very nice!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

I'll try my best - whats exotic for me probably grows wild in your area.

Meredith said...

Definitely looking forward to this, Noel. Even though we are officially in spring, it's still a bit drab out my window and I will enjoy a shot of bright color. :)

Autumn Belle said...

Hurray! I am already looking forward to the month end. I must remember this date and this sounds like fun.

Andrea said...

Aloha Noel, I've just been to a Backpack Photography 101 Workshop in Banaue and miss the plant blogs. Thanks for the invitation to join this, am just afraid i might have already posted most of my loud and hot colors earlier! Let's see.

Muhammad khabbab said...

count me in as well.

Sunita Mohan said...

This sounds interesting! What a great idea :)

Noel Morata said...

aloha everyone,

wow, what a fantastic response, i'm looking forward to everyone's surprise at the end of the month, i have a nice one planned for my first post on this meme...thank you for helping to do this.

noel

Susan said...

Hmmmmmm, I am going to have to start looking a life differently...Hot, loud and proud! I will give it a try!

Karla said...

Noel,
I'd be delighted to participate! This is a great meme and a great time of the month to do it. Unfortunately I'm blogging from the still semi-frozen Northeast, but I think I have a houseplant that will qualify for this post--and I'm sure I'll be able to take part more fully in the next few as my yard thaws!

Related Posts with Thumbnails