Friday, March 26, 2010

Words to Inspire from Henry David Thoreau


 IMG_1833-1
 


Nature will bear the closest inspection.  She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain.  ~Henry David Thoreau

 

 

This is our monthly quote for May. Please take the time to reflect on this quote and at your convenience and timeframe post your own interpretation.  This could be a photo, or it could be a gardening experience you would like to share, I think just interpreting this to your place and time is what we want to read about.

 
I’ll be posting a new quote at the start of each month and hope that the words chosen inspire you to create your own interpretation with your garden views. 
 
Just so you get an advance – here’s the quote for June

“Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old”.
Franz Kafka


There’s only a few instructions if you would kindly follow to participate:

1)  Please Include the quote or poem at the start of your post or on the title so we (your readers) can find it easily.
2) You can use any photos old or new, or written thoughts may work with this month’s theme.
3) Please kindly link back to this meme for others to enjoy different interpretations of the theme.
4) Be creative as you can!

That’s it, are you ready for the challenge?  Well those are the words up at the top of this post, please, come share your interpretation in the comment section below.

To take a look at others interpretations of this months quote please see the comments below for the URL of the participant.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.simply-linked.com/listwidget.aspx?l=850fbfe7-04a5-4bc3-b317-33a9bac56c1a" ></script>

* make sure when you link your web address that you do not duplicate the Http that is already in the box or it will not register

8 comments:

Helen/patientgardener said...

Sounds good, happy to give it a go also as I feel inspired enough!!

Noel Morata said...

I finally finished this, enjoy my interpretation of the quote.

http://aplantfanatic.blogspot.com/2010/03/words-that-inspire-my-interpretation.html

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun, but I am going to just read and enjoy and not participate. Got too many obligations now and when something like blogging becomes a 'should' for me, I need to step back.

Carol said...

Good luck with your new idea Noel. I will join in when I can... the garden is going to take me out of blogging somewhat... but that is how it should be. I love Georgia O'Keefe! She surly had a unique way with flowers ... her interpretations! ;>)

Anita said...

Sounds wonderful :)Also a fan of Georgia O'Keefe.

I would love to join in.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Noel -- you can find my interpretation of this lovely quote here: http://wp.me/p2bM3-1eQ

Noel Morata said...

This is florida girls interpretation of the quote.

http://gardeninpeace.blogspot.com/2010/03/words-that-inspire-my-interpretation.html.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

What a great idea. I came here for this post via Nancy's blog. Since you posted your 'challenge' on the 26th is this going to go on to the end of April?

Related Posts with Thumbnails